Industry 4.0, Smart Factory, IIoT, Connected Factory - What is it all about?
Industry 4.0 - Revolution and Evolution
(Energy Saving on your mind? Download our FREE Energy Saving Guide for Industries., v2.0 released on 19th Oct 2019)
Typical Smart Factory Architecture
- Improved Productivity : With access to real-time data a factory can boost it's productivity by knowing what it needs and when. Historical data results in better planning. The same integrated with business process can improve productivity and reduce wastage.
- Intelligent Automation : Achieved through a closed-loop feedback system wherein IIoT is not just a passive system but an active system with actuators, controllers, robots, Co-bots (a fast emerging concept). It puts a lot of stress on machine learning, algorithms, data analytics etc.
- Energy Efficiency : Monitored energy can result in comparative historical data and trends., with lesser human intervention and lesser errors. A closed-loop feedback system can also initiate action based on artificial intelligence learnt over a period of time.
- Enhanced Predictability : Real-time data from various machines and equipment results in enhancing predictability about production (business use-case) and machine downtime (predictive maintenance) thereby saving a lot of money and time. It thus helps in enhanced OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) as well.
- Informed Decision making at all levels : Data is the new gold. All the business decisions, technical decisions are based on facts and figures - which are nothing but data. By equipping one self with the right data and inferences (artificial intelligence) from that data it is possible to make the most informed decision with little chance of human error or judgement.
If you wish to receive a FREE IIoT Guidebook (v2.0, October 2019) simply Contact Us or drop us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org . We keep releasing updated version with v 3.0 slated for release in December 2019.